Triathlon Quick Tips: You don't need to buy a bike to compete in triathlon
Many people stay away from doing a triathlon because of a few common thoughts around bikes, such as: "I don't have a fancy bike" or "I don't want to buy a bike". Well I've got great news! It is NOT a necessity to have a fancy bike, or to buy a bike in order to do a triathlon. In my opinion, there are a few scenarios when you should and should not buy a new bike for your first triathlon race, or just triathlon in general.
You SHOULD NOT buy a new bike for triathlon if
- You have a decent bike already that you're OK with using
- You're just "testing the waters" of triathlon
- You aren't sure if you're going to be spending a lot of time cycling for the race or after the race
- You don't have a lot of money to spend
You SHOULD buy a new bike for triathlon if
- You've fallen in love with the sport
- You know that whether you continue in triathlon or not, you plan to spend lots of time cycling as a hobby
- You will be motivated to not only train for triathlon but also be a healthier person with the purchase of the bike
Question of the Day
What kind of bike did you use for your first triathlon? If you haven't done one yet, what kind of bike do you plan to use for your first triathlon?
Please don't forget to subscribe to #TheTriathleteBeat podcast, share with friends & family, and write a review. Thanks for coming by!
- Jeremy Tri